Tom and Susan Duff
Peter & Anne Esmonde
Simon & Jessica Christen
Edward & Tomoko Schocker
Edythe A Vassall
Ann Dyer Cervantes
Daniel and Juliet Lee
If you would like to add to our strength, here are a few PROGRAMS You can contribute towards.
Your donation will go towards event arrangements, promotional material, food service for artists and commissioned artwork.
Your donation will go to the Teaching Artists, project supplies & equipment and to establish new partnerships with schools.
Continuum & MFP&T
Your donations will go towards artist commissions, and event arrangements for Lou Harrisson's 100th birthday celebration.
Your donation will be applied to any or all of our programs; and will help grow the Thingamajigs community and its activities.
ANNUAL MUSIC FOR PEOPLE & THINGAMAJIGS FUNDRAISER 2017
They say that a little help goes a long way, and we believe that's true. Because it has been 20 years of undiminished support of our community and foundations, that has brought Thingamajigs where we are today. It started with an art project and along the way new ideas emerged. Today, Thingamajigs' programs include Thingamakids! camps, classes and workshops, Thingamajigs Performance Group collaborations and art festivals such as Aeolian Day and Pacific Exchange.
Our program calendar has been full for the last few years, and we have been fortunate to gather support for the most part. Wherever we missed, we learned a lot. So, as we look forward to another 5-10 years of growth, we need your continued, strong support.
That's why we invite you to participate in our Annual Music For People & Thingamajigs Fundraiser – so named after the art project that started it all.
Any amount is welcome, but you can define your contribution in the following ways:
Friends Forever : $15 or more/MONTH
Support ongoing activities, events, teacher fee payments and establishment costs.
Project Partner : $30 oR MORE/MONTH
Support sustainability of our recurring annual workshops and events.
Artist Aid : $100, $200, $300
Support special works and installations that require greater financial investments.
Event Starter : $450
Help start or sustain a large community event that engages international artists.
PHYSICAL MAIL DONATIONS
We love to have our mailbox filled with your generosity. So, you can also mail a check towards 'Thingamajigs', to the following address:
5000 MacArthur Blvd #9826
Oakland, CA 94613
Do mention your mailing address, so we can send you an acknowledgement of your tax-deductible donation.
FRIENDS IN EXPLORATIONS
We are grateful to the foundations, organizations and companies who have supported our programs for many years.
If your organization would like to partner with us for artist programs, school programs, to host events and festivals or for any other collaboration, please write to us :
TEACHING ARTISTS - CAMPS, RESIDENCIES & WORKSHOPS
Dept. Education | Reports to Program Manager
Thingamakids! seek your early childhood education experience combined with your arts and music background, to nurture their curiosity into artful music.
Thingamakids! Education Program brings children, artists and teachers together through scientific and artful sound experiments designed for Pre-K and K-8 schools. Children aged 3 to 12 years are engaged in the study of sounds produced by found objects, through Music,Movement & Games, Hands-on Instrument Building and Ensemble Performances.
Responsibilities : As a Teaching Artist, you'll be able to:
- Develop sequential curricula that reflects the Thingamajigs pedagogy in school residencies, camps, and workshops.
- Support a child’s innate curiosity and encourage their creativity
- Create a culture of learning in the classroom that reflects Thingamajigs’ values and supports youth in their artistic and creative development
- Manage the process of exploration, creation and performance which are fundamental to Thingamakids! Program
- Experience in teaching children ages 3 - 12
- Background in arts and music
- Ability to manage small to large group of children
- Ability to create workshops of your own based on available time and age-groups
- Candidates with experience in nonprofit education programs will be preferred
Commitment & Compensation
- Training : Teaching Artists will learn the Thingamajigs pedagogy during Teaching Artist workshops, which allows both new and experienced Thingamajigs Teaching Artists to exchange ideas about teaching methods and projects
- Time : Hours will vary based on the workshop, the number of programs contracted for each semester, and your availability. Typically, our after-school programs require 1-5 hours per week, while our camps (which take place during Winter Break, Spring Break, and the summer) may require 15-30 hours
- Pay : Commensurate with experience, and the type of program engagement
Upcoming Programs with Teaching Artist vacancies
- Ages 3-5
- Venue : Piedmont Recreation Department
- Every Wednesday : Starts on January 11, 1PM to 2.15PM
Spring Break Camp
- Ages 3-5
- Dates : April 2 to April 6, 2018
- Venue 1 : American International Montessori School - 9AM to 4PM
- Venue 2 : Piedmont Recreation Department - 9AM to 12PM
The Thingamakids Education Program includes in-school residencies, workshops and seasonal camps; they may be found in schools in the Bay Area, including American International Montessori, Bridges Academy, North Oakland Community Charter, and other schools in Oakland Unified School District.
CREATIVE CONTENT CREATOR(3) | PRO-BONO(2)
Dept. Communications | Reports to Social Media Expert
Are you a photographer? Are you a video-grapher? Are you a sound recordist? There are intriguing projects, activities and festivals waiting for your lens and microphones.
- Cover the assigned/ chosen project, according to the objective of the event/activity
- Compile the gathered content and submit it in the required format
- Knowledge of the equipment in use
- Basic experience in editing and compilation of visual and audio content
- Good communication skills
Based on the chosen project, activity or festival
Good to have
- Knowledge of the arts and arts education
- Experience in non-profit volunteer roles
- Creative interpersonal skills